(shredding skills optional)
We live at the edge of God’s mighty Pacific; we embrace that gift accordingly!
CCS Surf Club is a great opportunity to enjoy the Lord's amazing creation with classmates. Come surf, body board, body surf, or just play in the sand and waves!
- 4:00-6:00 PM each Friday, summer into late fall (usually ending at Daylight Savings in early November).
- Make sure to check the CCS Calendar as club can get canceled if a dangerous surf advisory is announced.
- We also post it in our weekly newsletter (subscribe).
- Periodically we'll announce special Surf Club times throughout the year.
It’s FREE. However, if you’d like to make a donation to help with snacks and such, we wouldn’t say no. 🙂
Meet on the sand in front of the Addie Street Surfer Parking Lot. Look for our blue "Coastal Christian" pop-up tent on the beach, or a group of students wearing wet suits and most likely burying each other in the sand.
Mr. Pate, who taught at CCS multiple years. He is an avid, expert surfer (and former licenses professional surf instructor) and will be in the water with your kids. His love for surfing and the ocean (and helping you enjoy it) is infectious! Mr. Minassian (one of our Secondary teachers) is also there to help supervise, and there are always several other parents there as well lending a hand.
- If you’re 12 or older, your parent or guardian needs to sign and bring the Surf Club Waiver.
- If you’re under 12, you’ll need to have a parent or guardian present.
Where We Meet
Addie Street Surfer Parking Lot (free). Look for us out on the beach.